PENN PREVAIL II 842M SPIN ROD
or 4 payments of $42.25 with Learn more
The long awaited release of the new Penn Prevail II has arrived for 2019. One of the most popular rods for surf and rock fishing on the market, the original Penn prevail has a cult following among tailor and mulloway fisherman and for good reason. The Penn Prevail II is a lot of rod for the money, and with a range expansion this year, it makes more sense to check out the Prevail series.
The long-awaited arrival of the Penn Prevail surf rods is over, the all new Penn Prevail II rods have just arrived and we’re sure you’ll be impressed!
- Subtly refined to increase all round performance and durability
- Quality Stainless-steel Fuji Alconite tangle free K guides
- Heavy-duty reinforced polycarbonate pipe reel set
- Ergonomically shaped rubber grip shrink tube for better contact feel
- Equipped with soft rubber gimbal cap & custom machined aluminum fittings
- Carbon shield
- High Modulus SLS3 Graphite & E-Glass Composite blank construction
- Inner Spiral Core Fiberglass Construction for added strength & durability
- Weapon of choice for rock, beach and break wall fishing
Woven carbon fiber is applied as an outer shield to protect rod blanks.
XXX Rubber Grip
Rubber shrink tube handles provide a secure grip when wet or dry.
SLS3 construction uses inner and outer spiral wrap layers of carbon fiber to sandwich middle layers of alternating longitudinal carbon and glass. The spiral wraps maintain a round cross section in the blank when under load which helps the blank handle higher loads. The middle layers of unidirectional carbon and glass create the backbone of the rod by utilizing the strength of glass combined with the lightweight of the carbon fiber to deliver a strong, balanced, and thin rod blank.
*This picture is a universal image - rod models may vary from the image shown.