EDGE FIRST STRIKE MBR 684-1 CAST ROD
or 4 payments of $127.25 with Learn more
The First Strike series is the newest offering from the Edge Rods line-up.
Each high-quality IM Graphite blank is meticulously hand-rolled and finished in the Edge factory, yielding a powerful and durable series of rods any angler would be proud to own.
Also equipped with lightweight proprietary reel seats, comfortable braided carbon-fibre grips deliver increased sensitivity over cork, EVA or even carbon fibre wrapped alternatives.
Never miss a strike with the new Gary Loomis Edge First Strike Casting Rods!!
- Our USA made, NFC, hand-sanded, naked-graphite blanks, do not hide blemishes and are on average 20% lighter than their coated counterparts. All our blanks are hand-sanded to avoid sanding into the fibre, damaging it and creating a weak spot.
- Proprietary, made in the USA, offset seat for a lower sitting reel leads to better torque/rod roll control, increases casting accuracy, and enhances cradling of reel reducing wrist fatigue.
- Proprietary locknut for a vice-like grip eliminates rocking reels.
- Minimum epoxy on guide feet reduces weight and impact to blank action.
- All guides feature a recessed ring design (RRD) creating enhanced bonding between ring and frame while protecting ring from impact. Angled tri-legged frame design eliminates nearly all line wrap and improves casting distance and accuracy.
- Machine woven carbon fiber sleeve over a graphite silica arbor to provide the great sensitivity, with a comfortable texture. We call it EFX (edge first strike) or a Carbon-Tex grip.
- Titanium frame with Zirconium insert guides are corrosion resistant (saltwater) and 40% lighter than comparable models.
*This picture is a universal image - rod models may vary from the image shown.